The simple mixture of tequila, triple sec and lime juice is often blended with ice but is traditionally served on the rocks. The cocktail is generally presented in a salt rimmed glass. Daniel "Danny" Negrete is said to have created the drink in 1936 when he was the manager of Garci Crespo Hotel in Puebla, Mexico. His girlfriend, Margarita, apparently liked salt in her drinks and the story goes that he created the drink for her as a present.
The Classic Margarita Recipe
50ml tequila reposado
25ml lime juice
20ml triple sec (we used Cointreau)
For the garnish
2 lime wedges
1. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of salt over the surface of a small plate or saucer. Rub one wedge of lime along the rim of a tumbler and then dip it into the salt so that the entire rim is covered.
2. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
3. Strain the mix into the prepared glass over fresh ice. Serve with a wedge of lime.
Margarita museum-quality art print made on thick and durable matte paper. Add a wonderful accent to your room and office with these posters that are sure to brighten any environment.
• Paper thickness: 0.26 mm (10.3 mil)
• Paper weight: 189 g/m² (5.57 oz/y²)
• Opacity: 94%
• ISO brightness: 104%
• Giclée printing quality
• 21 × 30 cm posters are size A4
• Blank product sourced from Japan
There are no reviews yet.